Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Conversation...

A cool breeze flew from parallel direction of marine lines railway station, as 3.11 pm borivali bound slow local passed by they could hear the snaps of hangers from inside  of empty compartments which were wavering as a metaphor  for ‘ now we are free’

“You had your brunch”, he asked an overhaul in his speech

“Yes… but as you know scarcely my throat swigs anything while you are on your navratra, my foot bothers me when I see you without any shoes for 9 days”

“Hmm… you sense my pain …so now you apprehend what sort of grieving my heart goes when your rozas are going on…”

They both looked at each other. Eyes met. Smile hooked upon their face. Both sat looking at sea surface how the sunlight created an illusion of golden ripples.

“Do you recognize how generous nature is, the sunlight is blistering, but still we can feel a cold wave…”

“Nature… isn’t that what we are fighting against…”

“Oh two of you after so many days… I was wondering yesterday why don’t  I see much of you more often” came an intervallic voice of shambu kaka who ran a small bhel shop bordering railway canteen.

“Here… one spicy, and other without any chilly just as you always have”
“But we didn’t ask you… its ok… in any case…” before he could complete,
“As if you had asked me when you had first time” said kaka spitting pan in dustbin and moping his moustache and lips.

They both shared laugh and kept behl packet in bag, assuring him they will eat after teatime.

“I always wonder how four years have passed, since we met on this same platform”

“Yes you were unpunctual and I was the one who guided you to go churchgate and catch a fast train”

“Still I don’t understand this timetable of Mumbai trains, there are so many empty trains running ON TIME during noon, but at peak hours there is always a delay…and that crowd…”

“You should thank those who create chaos while boarding, because at that time i have an opportunity to be more close to you and feel that aroma” he said with a mischievous smile.

They both blushed rejoicing old moments.

“I usually dua, the time freezes, inshallah, allahtala would make time travel possible, so we could date back at those happier times when all we had was love and care about each other”

“older we get we realize how immense our world is, even a shared love between two souls needs an approval from society, religion, family…and irony dies a hundred times when these are the same people taught us what love is”

“When I will meet khuda I will ask him what was his intention when he gave you a corner in my heart but not in my life”

“Enough of this discussion… why can’t we just book two seats and abdicate this place which is equipped to eat us alive…”

“Impractical!!! Ammijan is on bed rest and that mental torture amidst it, when she comes to know about what I have prepared her for, and what answer will you give to your dad who is so hopeful about your career, and your sister who always encourages your niece to be like you…”

He sat there listening and digesting every word he heard.

“Don’t worry you know how emotional I get when I am with you...” he summed up the thoughts

“I guess I should leave now, I also have to purchase insulin injections for ammijan…khudahafiz… ”

He was deserted with thought, Fifteen minutes passed by he was still there, lost in happier memoir. He got up was about to take a first step for railway over bridge, he heard a familiar voice of kaka

“Here I think you friends dropped it, it was reflecting light due to its shine, is this how ATM card is?”

“No kaka this is company security card where he works, just like identity card”

He read HIS identity card laminated was passport photo in crisp shirt, and that neatly trimmed beard, camouflaged with that innocent smile which was enough to make him fall in love all over again.

“He cares so much about others when it comes to him, HE IS SO CARELESS”
 



No comments:

Post a Comment